UUM Electronic Theses and Dissertation
UUM ETD | Universiti Utara Malaysian Electronic Theses and Dissertation
FAQs | Feedback | Search Tips | Sitemap

Implementation framework of enterprise resource planning for small and medium enterprises in Northern States of Malaysia

Ang, Moon Thiak (2018) Implementation framework of enterprise resource planning for small and medium enterprises in Northern States of Malaysia. Doctoral thesis, Universiti Utara Malaysia.

[thumbnail of Deposit Permission_s93780.pdf] Text
Deposit Permission_s93780.pdf
Restricted to Repository staff only

Download (1MB) | Request a copy
[thumbnail of s93780_01.pdf] Text
s93780_01.pdf
Restricted to Repository staff only until 11 September 2022.

Download (2MB) | Request a copy
[thumbnail of s93780_references.docx] Text
s93780_references.docx

Download (122kB)
[thumbnail of s93780_02.pdf] Text
s93780_02.pdf

Download (2MB)

Abstract

ERP entails the managing and planning of company’s resources in the most productive, effectiveness and profitable manner. It allows companies to integrate their information and
business processes in a predetermined manner to ensure profitability and efficiency. Although, successful ERP implementation comes with various business competitive
advantages however; Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) are facing great difficulties and challenges in achieving successful ERP implementation compared with Large Enterprises (LEs). Thus, this thesis proposed ERP implementation framework for SMEs which can reduce high degree of complex organization changes and enhance successful ERP implementation. This study makes used qualitative one-on-one in-depth interview research design. There are sixty respondents for this study from five different positions such as I.T personnel, ERP constants/Project Manager, ERP users, top management and customers.
Those sixty respondents are from twelve different companies within northern region of Malaysia. The gender disparity of 60% to 40% ratio of male to female respondents was observed. This depicts that most SMEs assigned key personnel positions to males compared with females on ERP administration. In addition, most of the respondents are first degree (BSc) holders making 90% while the other 10% are second degree (Masters) holders. The findings of this study identified eight CSFs and seven CFFs that influence successful implementation of ERP in SMEs. The study has been able to propose an ERP implementation framework specifically targeted at the SMEs. The framework strengthens the position of existing ERP implementation framework through explication of the importance of ERP implementation in SMEs. This study specifically argues that factors such as funding, time
and customization are very imperative for the successful implementation of ERP in SMEs which are missing in many past studies.

Item Type: Thesis (Doctoral)
Supervisor : Hassan, Shahizan and Mohd, Haslina
Item ID: 8332
Uncontrolled Keywords: ERP, Large Enterprises, SME, Implementation framework, Success factor, Failure factor, Business process
Subjects: T Technology > T Technology (General) > T58.5-58.64 Information technology
H Social Sciences > HF Commerce. > HF5001-6182 Business
Divisions: Othman Yeop Abdullah Graduate School of Business
Date Deposited: 09 Jun 2021 02:57
Last Modified: 09 Jun 2021 03:22
Department: Othman Yeop Abdullah Graduate School of Business
Name: Hassan, Shahizan and Mohd, Haslina
URI: https://etd.uum.edu.my/id/eprint/8332

Actions (login required)

View Item
View Item